Not quite back to normal, but we’re getting there
As you may have heard, the Ontario government has announced their plans for reopening businesses and services in the province. As of this week, veterinarians may resume ‘normal’ operations.
We were very happy to hear this, because we know that so many of our clients have been putting off ‘routine’ visits and checkups for weeks now. And we’re looking forward to seeing you!
However, while formal restrictions have been lifted, the coronavirus and COVID-19 haven’t gone away, and social distancing is still considered best practice when it comes to preventing transmission.
With that in mind, we wanted to let you know that:
- We will be returning to our normal hours, Monday-Friday
- We will continue to be closed on Saturdays for the foreseeable future
- We can now accept appointments for non-emergency treatments, such as annual checkups and vaccinations
- Given the backlog of checkups and vaccinations, we may need longer than usual lead time to book your appointment
- This may also mean that non-medical treatments such as nail trims may not yet be possible
- We will still be asking you to wait outside the clinic while we treat your pet (though we expect to be able to relax this rule in the coming weeks)
- We are still asking you to call ahead for medication and food pickups
We know that the past couple of months have been stressful for everyone. Please know that, as always, our first concern is the health and well-being of your pet, and we ask for your patience as we continue to navigate this difficult time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us – we are here to help.
Dr Ellen Kinzl, DVM
Liberty Village Animal Hospital